Thursday 15 March 2012

Animating Process - Scene 1

Since I have a walking cycle animation already working I decided to start with one of the first scenes where the character walks into his laboratory. The shot focused on the characters legs since the final reveal of what he looks like is supposed to be dramatic.

Setting the scene
I set up a temporary floor and walls for the shot which I will probably texture later on. This scene will also be dark until the character claps on the lights in the room. The camera is link constrained to the line path setup alongside the character.

Setting the Walk Mode to Walk on Line
In the global settings for the CAT motion layer there is a setting to change the walk mode. Using walk on line makes the character walk forward from its starting position. You can also set the step time in frames and how far he steps in stride paremeters. I have already adjusted them here.

Camera View



  
Modifying the global weights of the motion layers























By changing the global weights of the motion layers in CAT you can blend between poses and animations. I created a standing pose layer for when he stops walking and slowly blend the weight to 100% until it takes full priority. I used the Global Layer Weights Curve Editor to tweak it until it looked natural.

 

Not perfect but a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment