Thursday 3 May 2012

The Final Video - Conclusion

All rendered and encoded! Here is the final video including a bonus scene after the credits!

 

Overall I'm quite happy with the video, as I said in a previous blog post I think it could have benefited from a music track and some more detail to the environments. The issue with morpher also reduced the overall quality of animation that I was aiming for but I feel that the video meets the brief intended. 

The character is identifiable with a cartoon villian while being silly and humorous enough to not be too scary for the intended audience of 7-11 year olds. I implemented multiple poses and hand gestures to create body language relatable to villians and created a believeable backstory for the character which I hope came across in the animation. 

I am dissapointed that I was unable to get any animation with the character's mouth working due to issues with the CAT motions system, Skin modifier and Morpher. Hopefully I have demonstrated my knowledge with morpher and facial expressions in previous blog posts and that, if I had more time to work on the animation I could have succesfully implemented some. 

If anything I have learned from the mistake of making the character model as one large model and would be better off creating smaller peices, head, chest, hands etc. For future reference this makes modelling and rigging easier and inparticularly makes modifications later on a lot less hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment